Helpful Tips & Tools
Supporting You on Your Journey
Our goal is to provide you with support that may help you or your loved one throughout your journey.
My Prostate Cancer Roadmap
Visit My Prostate Cancer Roadmap to find a wide range of information and resources for those who have, or care for someone with, advanced prostate cancer. This includes perspectives and insights from a variety of experts.
Learning More About ZYTIGA® (abiraterone acetate)
Helping You Get Started and Stay on Track With ZYTIGA®
Visit JanssenCarePath.com/Zytiga for information on insurance coverage, treatment support, and options that may help make your treatment more affordable.
In your Janssen CarePath account, you or your caregiver can:
- Check your insurance coverage for your Janssen medication
- Learn about programs that may help you pay for medication
Enroll in the Janssen CarePath Savings Program, if eligible
- Manage your Savings Program benefits
- Submit Savings Program requests, if needed
- Set up refill reminders
Create your account at MyJanssenCarePath.com.
Your account securely stores your personal information, including your insurance coverage.
Finding Specialized Support & Services*
Advocacy Connector will connect you with national and local organizations established to provide information, materials, and peer-to-peer support to those battling cancer, in general, and prostate cancer, specifically.
National Cancer Institute (prostate cancer information)
National Comprehensive Cancer Network
Prostate Cancer Research Institute
Prostate Health Education Network
ZERO—The End of Prostate Cancer
Tips to Help You Talk With Your Healthcare Provider
- Prepare your questions ahead of time
- Don’t be afraid to ask for the information you want
- Bring someone with you to your appointment. They’ll help you keep track of the information your healthcare provider gives you
- Bring a pen and paper so you can take notes
- Repeat back what your doctor tells you. That way you can be sure you’ve understood it
What You Should Tell Your Healthcare Provider Before Taking ZYTIGA®
Before taking ZYTIGA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have heart problems
- Have liver problems
- Have a history of adrenal problems
- Have a history of pituitary problems
- Are receiving any other treatment for prostate cancer
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. ZYTIGA® can cause harm to your unborn baby and loss of pregnancy (miscarriage). Females who are or may become pregnant should not handle ZYTIGA® uncoated tablets or other ZYTIGA® tablets if broken, crushed, or damaged without protection, such as gloves
Have a partner who is pregnant or may become pregnant
- Males who have female partners who are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment with ZYTIGA® and for 3 weeks after the last dose of ZYTIGA®
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if ZYTIGA® passes into your breastmilk
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take or treatments you receive, including prescription and over-the counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. ZYTIGA® can interact with many other medicines.
You should not start or stop any medicine before you talk with the healthcare provider that prescribed ZYTIGA®
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.