Watch the How-to-Take Video
See all the steps of treatment with ZYTIGA® in one short, easy-to-follow video.
Instructions for Taking ZYTIGA®
- Take ZYTIGA® and prednisone exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Take your prescribed dose of ZYTIGA® one time a day. Your healthcare provider may change your dose if needed.
- Do not stop taking your prescribed dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone without talking with your healthcare provider first.
- Take ZYTIGA® on an empty stomach. Do not take ZYTIGA® with food. Taking ZYTIGA® with food may cause more of the medicine to be absorbed by the body than is needed and this may cause side effects.
- No food should be eaten 2 hours before and 1 hour after taking ZYTIGA®.
- Swallow ZYTIGA® tablets whole. Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Take ZYTIGA® tablets with water.
- Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check for side effects.
- Men who are sexually active with a pregnant woman must use a condom during and for one week after treatment with ZYTIGA®. If their sexual partner may become pregnant, a condom and another form of birth control must be used during and for one week after treatment with ZYTIGA®. Talk with your healthcare provider if you have questions about birth control.
- If you miss a dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone, take your prescribed dose the following day. If you miss more than 1 dose, tell your healthcare provider right away.