It's very important to stay on course with your treatment with ZYTIGA® (abiraterone acetate) and prednisone in order to allow your medication the best chance to work.
Set a Schedule
Take ZYTIGA® and prednisone exactly as your doctor tells you. Make taking your ZYTIGA® and prednisone a part of your daily routine by setting a medication schedule that works for you.
Remember that no food should be eaten two hours before and one hour after taking ZYTIGA®. Prednisone is taken twice a day, as directed by your doctor.
Tips for Staying on Your Treatment Schedule
- Print and fill out the Medication Tracker for ZYTIGA®, and keep it where you'll see it.
- Use a pillbox with sections for each day of the week.
- Keep your medications in sight as a reminder to take them.
- Use a watch alarm or timer as a reminder to take your medications.
- Sign up to receive refill reminders through ZytigaOne™ Support.
- Talk to your doctor about developing a medication schedule that's right for you.
To get additional information about ZYTIGA®, print a copy of our brochure, “Starting ZYTIGA®.”