Follow these simple tips to help you get more from your treatment with ZYTIGA® (abiraterone acetate).
- Do take ZYTIGA® and prednisone as directed by your doctor.
- Do take ZYTIGA® on an empty stomach. No food should be eaten two hours before and one hour after taking ZYTIGA®.
- Do swallow ZYTIGA® tablets whole. Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Do take ZYTIGA® tablets with water.
- Do establish a routine so that you don't miss a dose.
- Do tell your doctor about all the medications you take, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements. ZYTIGA® can interact with many other medications.
- Do know all the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show to your doctor and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
- Do tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
- Do store ZYTIGA® at 59º F to 86º F (15º C to 30º C).
- Do keep ZYTIGA® and all other medications out of the reach of children.
- Don't stop taking your prescribed dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone without talking with your doctor first.
- Don't double your dose of ZYTIGA® if you miss one. If you miss a dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone, take your prescribed dose the following day. If you miss more than one dose, tell your doctor right away.
- Don't take ZYTIGA® with food. Taking ZYTIGA® with food may cause more of the medicine to be absorbed by the body than is needed and this may cause side effects.
- Don't start or stop any medication before you talk with the doctor that prescribed ZYTIGA®.
- Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Don't take ZYTIGA® if you are pregnant or may become pregnant. ZYTIGA® may harm your unborn baby. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not touch ZYTIGA® without protection, such as gloves.
- Don't use ZYTIGA® for a condition for which it was not prescribed.
- Don't give your ZYTIGA® to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them.