Watch the How-to-Take Video
Learn about taking ZYTIGA® in this short, easy-to-follow video.
How Do I Take ZYTIGA® Tablets?
It’s important to take ZYTIGA® plus prednisone exactly as your healthcare provider tells you and to stay on the treatment schedule recommended by your doctor to give ZYTIGA® the best opportunity to work.
ZYTIGA® is an oral, once-daily medication that you can take at home.
- The standard dose of ZYTIGA® is 1,000 mg (4 tablets) once daily. ZYTIGA® is used along with prednisone
(5 mg, twice a day). Your healthcare provider may change your dose if needed.
- Take ZYTIGA® on an empty stomach. Do not take ZYTIGA® with food. Taking ZYTIGA® with food may cause more of the medicine to be absorbed by the body than is needed and this may cause side effects.
- No food should be eaten 2 hours before and 1 hour after taking ZYTIGA®.
- Swallow ZYTIGA® tablets whole. Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Take ZYTIGA® tablets with water.
- Do not stop taking your prescribed dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone without talking with your healthcare provider first.
Why Is It Important That I Take Prednisone with ZYTIGA®?
While taking ZYTIGA® you will also take prednisone. Because of the way ZYTIGA® works, certain side effects may occur. Prednisone may help decrease the occurrence and severity of these side effects. For more information, talk to your doctor.
Take your prednisone exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Do not stop taking your prescribed dose of prednisone without talking to your healthcare provider first.
Other Important Notes to Keep in Mind:
- Your healthcare provider will monitor you through blood tests.
- Men who are sexually active with a pregnant woman must use a condom during and for one week after treatment with ZYTIGA®. If their sexual partner may become pregnant, a condom and another form of birth control must be used during and for one week after treatment with ZYTIGA®. Talk with your healthcare provider if you have questions about birth control.
- If you miss a dose of ZYTIGA® or prednisone, take your prescribed dose the following day. If you miss more than 1 dose, tell your healthcare provider right away.