Remember to Take Care of Yourself
Caring for a loved one with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (prostate cancer that is resistant to medical or surgical treatments that lower testosterone and has spread to other parts of the body) can be challenging, both physically and mentally. Remember to take care of your own needs, too.
Important Tips for Taking Care of Yourself
- Find help. Don't carry the burden on your own. Schedule time off for yourself.
- Visit your doctor regularly. Your health is important, too.
- Reach out to other caregivers. They understand what you're going through and may be able to offer support.
- Connect with friends. They may want to help, but don't know how. Let them know you need them.
- Pay attention to your own feelings.
- You can find additional advice and information online at My Prostate Cancer Road Map .