The Way Forward
If you're a caregiver or have a loved one with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (prostate cancer that is resistant to medical [e.g. hormonal] or surgical treatments that lower testosterone and has spread to other parts of the body) you know how difficult this disease has been for him. You've helped your loved one through the ups and downs and have encouraged him to keep fighting. Now you may be wondering what the next step is.
ZYTIGA® Offers Another Option for Treatment
ZYTIGA® works by interrupting the androgen-making process at an important step.
Research has shown that androgens help fuel the tumor. Reducing the production of androgen is key in helping you and your doctor manage your illness.
ZYTIGA® may cause serious side effects including:
- Adrenal problems may happen if you stop taking prednisone, get an infection, or are under stress.
- Liver problems. You may develop changes in liver function blood test. Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check your liver before treatment with ZYTIGA® and during treatment with ZYTIGA®.
Encourage Your Loved One to Talk to His Doctor About ZYTIGA®
Your loved one may be reluctant to explore another therapy. His previous therapies may have been challenging. He needs to know about the effectiveness, possible side effects and expense of any treatments the doctor may be recommending. But you can help.
- Talk with him about the benefits of ZYTIGA® .
- Encourage your loved one to schedule an appointment with his oncologist or urologist specifically to ask if ZYTIGA® is right for him. Prepare for his doctor visit with our Doctor Discussion Guide .
- Provide your loved one with information about ZYTIGA®, by showing him the information from this website and getting our free Prostate Cancer Information Kit .
When Your Loved One Is Being Treated with ZYTIGA®
You've been with your loved one every step of the way on this journey. You can help with this step in his treatment, as well.
- Help him stay on his treatment schedule for ZYTIGA® plus prednisone  by using helpful tools like the Medication Tracker to remind him to take his medication.
- Get medication reminders and a dose of encouragement in the palm of your hand with a mobile application from Janssen Research & Development, LLC: The Care4Today™ Mobile Health Manager . It uses two-way messaging so your progress reports can be shared with your healthcare provider or caretaker. You can even help raise money for charity just by taking your medication every day! Download the FREE app today from iTunes  or Google Play  or Visit mhm.care4today.com  on your mobile device.
- Learn how he can get treatment support and help managing out-of-pocket expenses through ZytigaOne™ Support .
- Watch our step-by-step video, "How To Take ZYTIGA®" .
Get the ZytigaOne™ Support Brochure
The brochure presents the many resources available from ZytigaOne™ Support.